Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS 90 Financial Tables and Fields for Crystal Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterpull

Technical User
Jul 19, 2010
US
I am creating some special financial crystal reports from MAS 90 using the SOTAMAS driver. I am having difficulty finding the correct tables and the fields with the financial records that I require. I have looked in the Resources/File and Table Listings and I do not find it very helpful for example shown below:-

GL_AccountHistory . . . . . . . .GL Account Master History

This information does not tell me anything about what is in the table, records and fields.

I am asking for assistance with finding the correct tables with the financial transaction records.

Thanks for any assistance.

Paul

What version of Mas? Know that when you pull data using crystal directly out of say the gl transaction history table, and you want to join on the gl_accounts table so you can see an account description, you don't have any indexes, so your data draw is going to be slow. Very slow. Unless you are using a sql server version.

Regarding the tables, if you are using 4.X, the table names are pretty descriptive, you may have to wade a little, but it's not really bad. The GL account history is a table that records changes to your COA.

ChaZ

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That Don’t.

What version of MAS are you on. You should be able to find the table listings in the Resources section of the menu.

Hi Chaz and BigLouie,

Thank you for your replies. I am using version 4.40 and yes I did a little searching in the resources and found the field details. Can you point me to the tables I need for creating an income statement? I need the following records; Revenue, COGS and Expenses.

I also have SQL developer that I would like to create a SOTAMAS connection and have not been able to do this yet so any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Paul

Can I ask what is wrong with the Income Statement on the reports menu?

Hi BigLouie,

Thanks again for your prompt reply. There is nothing wrong with the Income Statement on the reports menu. I want to develop flash reports for specific management, concentrating on certain accounts and triggering a notification upon a change. I also want to combine several of these metrics on one report. We also have other software systems that capture HR information of which I would like to use together with the MAS 90 information. Overall I would just like to maximize the versatility and information in MAS 90 and our other systems.

I have previously seen your reply in thread637-1525622 and many others where you advise posting on the Sage Community so I am just about to do that and also where you advise to take the data file class. I would like to take the data file class do you know of one on line?

Best regards,

Paul

Sage offers the courses on line. If go to their web site you can enroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back