Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS 200 Web Engine and UPS API

Status
Not open for further replies.

crymedry

MIS
Nov 19, 2003
Hello All,

Has anyone here had to use the UPS API in conjunction with the MAS 200 webengine for internet users who are placing orders online and need to calculate their shipping rates?

If so, what did you find was the best strategy for doing this?

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kris K

~KrisK~

Well that sucks. Do you know if it works well with MAS 500?

Thanks for all the help!

~KrisK~

We do the calculation on the web site side, then bring over the shipping amounts into MAS90 through BOI.

Much easier.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Business Objects Interface.

It's an API that allows you to interface with MAS90 from "outside" of the program.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

is that something that I need to purchase from sage or does it come with web engine?

~KrisK~

BOI is included as part of the workstation install. It's an object that can be used with VBScript and .NET (although I'm having a real problem getting it to work with ASP.NET web page stuff).

However, it's not the easiest thing to use; not to sound like other folks in the forum, but without some documentation and/or a class, it can be very tricky to set up and use. (see all my posts... lol)

Documentation is sparse at best, and while the programming guide you get at one of the Sage BOI classes is quite lacking, it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Just my 2¢

--Greg

I think they decided to move over to the MAS 500 system, which will be running on SQL. Hopefully it will be easier to get it to work with that when I can run SQL queries and such to get weight and other information.

Thanks for all the help!

~KrisK~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back