Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAS 200 Session already initiated

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlesiege

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2003
US
I am running MAS 200 through MS Win2K terminal services from a remote location. One of the workstations cannot start a session on MAS 200. The workstation connects successfully with the terminal server but when launching the MAS 200 client in the TS session, I get an error message "A MAS200 session has already been initiated. Please wait while the session is being started".

The user never gets to a MAS200 Login screen so this has to be tied to a workstation level session file or flag.

Other users at this facility connect to the terminal server and login to MAS200 without issue. The problem is confined to this single workstation.

Any help on where to look, files to edit / delete would be greatly appreciated.

Best's knowledgebase talks about this issue in one posting only to say that it has been fixed in 3.7.1. We have already applied those patches.

I've seen similar messages before. Did you not get a choice to kill/restart the session? If not you should take a look at the MAS200 Host screen at the users names, chances are you'll find one listed for the person failing to log in. Kill that session then try logging in again.

--
Chip

Here's what's going on "under the hood":
When you launch into MAS90, the system wants to assign you a "terminal id" -- something unique to the workstation accessing the system. If you've previously accesses MAS90, it looks up your assigned terminal id from a FID0MAP.INI file that is located on the server (under the MAS90/HOME directory). If this is the workstation's first launch into MAS90, it assigns the workstation one, and records the entry in the FID0MAP.INI file.

It works off of your machine(network) name. On a non-terminal service launch into MAS90, it's as simple as checking all of the machine names and resolving the conflicts. On terminal service, I believe it's assigned (somebody more familiar with the techie stuff can jump in on this)..

Hope that provides you some additional insight..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back