Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Marquee iFrame Sizing Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woolers

Technical User
Jan 11, 2005
GB
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue before?

I found some code for a webpage that looks like this>>

<MARQUEE id="m1" style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 1px"
scrollAmount="4" width="75" bgColor="FFFFFF" height="15"><iframe id="if1" border="0" align="left" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" src=" frameBorder="0" width="500" scrolling="no" height="15" target=" </MARQUEE>

However,
My target webpage will differ in the amount of text it has in it so is there a way I can set the width to match the amount of text to diaply from the target page.

I.e sometimes it might just have "Check Back Later" & other Times it might have a lot of information. I need to match the width of the iFrame to the target?

Hope I've explained it ok.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Keyboard Not Detected.....
Press F1 to Continue.
:}

If the outer page is html, the short answer is no.

If you control the both outer page and the iframe source, I suggest that you simply replace the outer page with php (or server side code of your choice) and determine the width programmatically each time page is refreshed.

A marquee tag? Really?

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Hmmm thanks traingamer....

I'm really searching for any kind of page way to do this, I'm good with vbscript but haven't got a clue when it comes to doing something that can be displayed in a webpage.

Doesn't have to be html but that seemed the most abundant thing when I ran web searches on scrolling text etc!!

Press F1 to Continue.

If the content of the iframe is essentially text, you might consider using AJAX to load it into a div.

The point I was trying to make is that you cannot tell how much info is within an iframe.

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Do you have any advice on what the best way to accomplish this might be at all?

I only need to scroll some text from an external page.. fundamentally very simple I suspect but I just don't know where to start??

TIA

Press F1 to Continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back