Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mark Outlook Task as Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

robcarr

Programmer
May 15, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I have approx 30 recurring tasks daily/weekly and monthly, has anyone done any coding to automate the marking of the task as complete,
The reason I am loooking to do this is, I run macros in Outlook to send emails realting to the task, and then I have to mark the task as completed manually, I thought it must be fairly easy to mark a task as completed at the same time as the email is sent.

Can someone let me know if they have been able to do this or know any good sources, I have checked outlook.com and slipstick.com briefly but couldn't find anything on there that edited a task.

The tasks are saved in the task folder. and not in the public folders.

thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Hope this is of use, Rob.[yoda]

Hi rob,
I don't usually program in outlook but just a thought...
you'll need to set a reference to the task you're actioning in your macro. then you can just use the MarkComplete method on it in the Send event of the MailItem you create.
How easy this is will depend on how your get from the task to the emails you send in your macros
You might want to post a trimmed down version of the code you're using to clarify

hope this helps a bit... K

Have you tried to link an access table to the task folder ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back