Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

margin widths aren't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

xandre

MIS
May 21, 2001
US
I am using this code:
<body marginwidth=&quot;0&quot; marginheight=&quot;0&quot; topmargin=&quot;0&quot; bottommargin=&quot;0&quot; rightmargin=&quot;0&quot; leftmargin=&quot;0&quot; link=&quot;#ffffff&quot; vlink=&quot;#ffffff&quot; alink=&quot;#ffffff&quot; bgcolor=&quot;#990000&quot;>

and still my table (set at 100%) won't size all the way to the right :(

I don't get it. Here's the whole page code:

<html>
<head>
<title>navtop</title>
<meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/html; charset=iso-8859-1&quot;>
</head>

<body marginwidth=&quot;0&quot; marginheight=&quot;0&quot; topmargin=&quot;0&quot; bottommargin=&quot;0&quot; rightmargin=&quot;0&quot; leftmargin=&quot;0&quot; link=&quot;#ffffff&quot; vlink=&quot;#ffffff&quot; alink=&quot;#ffffff&quot; bgcolor=&quot;#990000&quot;>
<table width=&quot;100%&quot; border=&quot;1&quot; cellspacing=&quot;0&quot; cellpadding=&quot;0&quot;>
<tr>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Please help!

xandre

I put the code you gave into a page and tested it and everything works the way it should. I add some text to the table so i could see where the table was and the table goes right up against the browsers slider. I even checked it in netscape and ie. I am assume though you have recent versions of ie or netscape. If it is old it may be that the browser doesn't support the margin tags????

are you putting this page into a frameset?

if so, you may want to put scrolling=&quot;no&quot; in the frame tag, because frames default to auto scrolling, and even if there is not enough content in the page to require scrolling, the browser will automatically leave space for a scrollbar (about 20 pixels).

ss

I'm using netscape 4.08 to check... is that too old? It looks fine in ie.

Thing is, I have this code in a FrontPage website and it looks fine in 4.08.

:\ ?

xandre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back