Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

March Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohaakamai3

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2006
US
Not the tourney, but the time change!

I've got a foh/boh aloha configuration that's not going down with out a fight.

The time is right on the master terminal (also the boh), but wrong in Aloha (still an hour behind). How can this be?

I realize there a myriad of possible combinations that can cause the time to be wrong on the traditional server and terminals configuration (the time OS settings on the FOH stations, the settings on the server, the time on the master terminal, where or not sync time is running, etc).

But when the master, server, and foh station are all the same unit and still Aloha manages to get the time wrong, even when the OS time is right? BAH!

Where is this damn thing getting the time from?

Any suggestions?

Thanks Mitchell, I'll try that, but must admit I am skeptical. If this terminal is both the master and server, and the time is right on the OS, where could Aloha possibly be getting this time from?

I will definitely try it though, and eat my words if it works, obviously :)

alohaakamai3,

I am closing down my consulting business after ten years and taking a job with a company out of state. I am looking for someone to take over my Aloha customers that can't stand their dealer. Please contact me off board to discuss at alohaspprt@yahoo.com

Make sure your settings in aloha are set to international time zone. Also which patch are you using for aloha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back