Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping Tool BO XI Crystal Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

rptQueen

MIS
Jul 22, 2003
US
Has anyone used the Mapping Tool that comes with Business Objects XI in Crystal Reports (ver 11)?

Did the tool meet your needs? Did you need to purchase additional map layers from MapInfo?

I'm looking for feedback on any experiences with mapping in BOXI - good or bad.

Thank you,

rptQueen

What is your DATAbase??? What is your CONNECTION method??? What is your OS??? What is your mother's maiden name??? Do not post here if you cannot provide complete and specific information!!!

<chuckling>

Very true, I do tend to emphasize understanding your requirements and environment, here, and in the office.

btw, you should be asking what is your database type, version and connectivity as this can greatly change the architecture.

OK, back to work here, and you go back to avoiding all of this silly technical gobbly-goop.

A synapseanalpire...hmmm, guess that's a clever version of a doo-doo head or sumpin'

-k

Database Oracle 9i
Version 9.2.0.5.0
Connectivity ODBC
Mother's maiden name....

Sorry, rptqueen, someone was complianing about my requests for technical information with posts, and I was responding to them.

I use the mapping at some contracts, however it's fairly limited.

Whether you need additional mapping files is dependent upon your requirements.

What do you need to map, and based on what geo information?

-k

I'd like to map at the zip code level, both points and areas. The smallest layer currently is by

Shaded areas would represent territories (groups of zip codes).
Zip Code points would show a symbol representing the number of homes within each zip code that fulfill the criteria from the report.

I am familiar with MapInfo Professional and mapping layers. I now need the map to reflect daily updated report data so providing it through BO XI would do that and has the built in security for the users.

I don't understand what the smallest area is by Shaded Areas means.

I would contact MAPINFO if you need a custom map.

-k

I'm sorry, an unfinished sentence. Ironically MapInfo called me back in the middle of my post yesterday and I didn't go back and finish that sentence.

"I'd like to map at the zip code level, both points and areas. The smallest layer currently available is by State.

I need:
Shaded areas that would represent territories (groups of zip codes).
Zip Code points that would show a symbol representing the number of homes within each zip code that fulfill the criteria from the report."

MapInfo has provided me with a server licence price and pricing for US Zips files for boundary and centroid.

However there is still an applet MIGM30.exe that MapInfo said BO should provide, so I need to go back to BO.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back