Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping to server goes away when not logged on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

evergreean43

Technical User
May 25, 2006
US
I created Perl script on my Windows 2000 workstation that opens up a mapped directory on a Windows 2000 server. It works great in my task scheduler when I am logged on the workstation.

When I am logged off and the task scheduler executes my script that opens up a mapped directory it doesnt work and fails. Do I lose my mapped directory when I am logged off my workstation?
I assume I only have the mapped directory when I am logged on. If this is the case, anyway to keep my mapping when I am logged off?

Yes of course a UNC will have always worked and you could even create a shortcut to it.

But you came on here asking how to solve a particular problem you were having rather than saying what you were trying to achive.

I despair that nobody told you that running perl scripts an such is not well looked upon in a network in which you are not an admin and might get you fired in others.

If you had asked your administrator they might have created a more stable and reliable solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back