Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping EDI to Flat File in Trustedlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

digriz60

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
US
So far, I've only translated MAS90 flat files to EDI with our trading partner. Now we may be receiving EDI files, but it seems I can only map an EDI-->Flat File if the document exists in the database. Is there an option of placing the file in a directory and pointing Trustedlink to find that file? Is there a standard naming convention? Currently, the menu option is grayed out.

Thanks.

You should be able to do this. Could you give me more detailed information of what you are trying to do?

Normally, I place a flat file into the TLW/MAPDATA directory to translate that to an EDI file. Once it's processed, it puts that document into the "Outbox" inside Trustedlink. Now, someone will start sending me EDI files which I will want to translate to a flat file suitable for importing into our MAS90 system. Trustedlink's help doesn't really tell me a) what the filename should be, and b) what directory I should put it in so that Trustedlink will recognize it.

As far as I know, the only way I've been able to translate an EDI file back to a flat file is if I PREVIOUSLY pulled through a flat file, and the resulting EDI file is sitting in the outbox. I can highlight that file and under the Tools menu, the "Map EDI to Flat File" option will be available. Normally it's greyed out.

Thanks!

Hi digriz60,

If you want to convert the EDI file received in your
In Box of TLW into the any flat file formatted,
you should configure the inbound transation for
that trading partner, with the mapping file assigned
to them.
In TLW, what I know is there is two ways of
inbound mapping. (1) flat filing and (2) EA mapping.
(1) is the one that is kind of "default" function
if you already have the Peregrine (now they're Inovis)
made mapping file for print. If you do, that "Print"
mapping file can output the flat file, but that flat
file format location, file name is not flexible.
(2) is the common way of mapping EDI to flat file,
but you should develop the mapping file per
transaction, per trading partner, based on the EDI specs.
Inovice has the mapping file development tools called
"STMAP" and "Powermap". You should have one of them
to do that.

I hope this comment is not missing your point.

/ryoma71

The flatfiling would be possible only if you have assigned a form in Data Entry overlay. No matter what you have assigned in the print overlay data, since the form that takes care of the flatfiling is the data entry one.

The name for the default flatfiles will be dx-xf-vf.080 and will be placed in mapdata directory. The layout for that flat file can be found in the forms builder module. Options menu, flat file option, Generate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back