Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping drive in SecureClient Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecWiz

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
NZ
Hi All,

I have the following situation. I'm able to establish a VPN tunnel to Checkpoint NG FP3 with SecureRemote.

I can ping internal hosts / Servers OK.
I CAN map to any Win2K box on the internal network and browse the directories.
When I try to map to the NT servers I get a error 53 not found, even though I can ping them.

The Setup:
VPN-Group@any allow any via RemoteAccess
We are using hide NAT
Clients are win2k and XP using latest SecuRemote
All servers are defined in the encryption domain.

I've added the Wins server to dialup network properties, and played with the hosts and lmhost files.

Log shows packets being decrypted and no drops or errors,

Any help would be appreciated

Kind Regards,

---------------------------
Security Wizard Guides
---------------------------

Do your servers have a static route back to the firewall? what traffic do you actually see leaving the interfaces? You dont say what platform you are using.

You should see tunnel traffic between the client and firewall on the way in and the internal legal address to the server. this will be two way traffic.

If no traffic is returning to this interface then the issues are server side.

Cheers
B-)
Brian, CCSE
brian@domain-integrity.com

I found that I had to disable Automatic Private IP addressing on my windows2000 clients as requests were being made from the 169.xx.xx.xx address.

Hope that helps.

FB

I had trouble mapping a drive using secure remote and a vpn. I got round it by turning off the netlogon service. Mind you I was using w2k and therefore didn't need the log on service. Not sure if this will work on nt but worth a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back