Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapping a Local address to a Public address

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikevz

Programmer
Aug 1, 2001
US
I have a Cisco router 1605.

I need to map a local static ip address to a public address. I think I know the command I need to give it, something like ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.0.5 80 "public address" 80 extendable.

Now, where do I go to insert that line into the configuration. I can get to configuration mode, but what is the command to actually write that line to the configuration.

Your help would be appreciated.

I've seen that kind of information before, but how do you enter those lines into the configuration. What are the commands? I know you have to get into configuration mode, but then what?

The command you wrote is done in the root of config-mode. However, You may not be able to get it to work without entering IP NAT INSIDE under your internal Ethernet interface (IP NAT OUTSIDE would be on your external interface). It may work without it, but usually this is simply a patch in NAT to simply route all packets for a destined port to a specific machine IP addres. It pokes a little whole in NAT to allow the service to be accessible from the outside and not just if its an established conversation.

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 206.159.183.1

this needs to be setup in a global command
router#(config) Jeter@LasVegas.com
Fisher CCNA
[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back