Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mapped DFS Replica is empty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelbyGlenn

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
GB
Hi there,

I've had DFS running for several years on my network now. I have just purchased a new laptop for which I am trying to create a build for. For some reason when ever I try to map a drive to a DFS share, the drive gets mapped but its contents is empty! If I look at the properties of the share there isn't even a DFS tab! It's all very weird. It all works perfectly well on my other 500 laptops & desktops. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Glenn
BEng MCSE CCA

I have tried it on both Windows 2000 (sp3) and XP (SP1). I think it has something to do with the network card. It's a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet on-board card

Glenn
BEng MCSE CCA

I found the problem! Because it was a brand new laptop, the time and date was about 24 hours of of sync with the domain time and this was denying me access! Never seen that before! Just thought you might like to know.

Cheers.

Glenn
BEng MCSE CCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back