Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mapi32.dll problem with Exchange 2000 Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joearmitage

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2001
GB
Hi - hope somebody can help me with this one.
Am running W2K server with SP2 and Exchange 2K Server with SP1. I installed Exch 2K SP3, but when I went into Exchange System Manager got the following error:-
'Exchange detected that c:\winnt\system32\mapi32.dll is not the correct version required to run Exchange System Manager on Exchange 2000 Server. This may cause failures in Exchange System Manager, affect availability of your server, or both. See Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q266148 at I could then go into Exchange System Manager as normal.
I don't get this error when accessing System Manager from another server/pc, so it is obviously local to the Exchange server. The Microsoft article speaks about Exchange and Outlook on the same server, but I do not have Outlook installed on the server. Any help please?

Regards,
Joe

The article you have listed is for an Access problem using a access project to connect to a SQL server that has a space or a hyphen in it.

As in the problem you are having I would first check the version of the mapi32.dll file on the exchange machine and compare it to one on a machine that doesn't have the problem.

Plus! I run Exchange 2k w/sp3 on Win2k Svr w/sp3 and have Outlook 2k w/sp3 running on the same server. No errors like yours above but it was just setup for testing and I do have some send mail problems. "SMTP: connection was dropped by the remote host." I don't believe it's related to outlook2k on the same box though.

-=MaYHeM=-
-=IS MGR=-

Thanks MaYHeM24 - I checked the mapi32.dll version with another machine, and it was different. I simply copied the newer dll file onto the Exchange server, and the problem was solved.

Joe

Glad that worked for you! Now it's time to beat this darn ArcServe2k Server around. ArcServe, funny how it works great for a month and then breaks the next! <GRiN> :) L8tr -=MaYHeM=-
-=IS MGR=-

Glad that worked for you! Now it's time to beat this darn ArcServe2k Server around. ArcServe, funny how it works great for a month and then breaks the next! <GRiN> L8tr -=MaYHeM=-
-=IS MGR=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back