Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPI error 32002 Unspecified failure has occurred 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

polyquoter

Programmer
Feb 4, 2001
US
I'm trying to send an email with an address and attachment from VB6. It works fine from my workstation which is running Outlook Express through a dial up connection. It does not work for my client who is running Outlook (not Outlook Express) on a NT network. The code below fails on the MAPIMessage.Send statement.

If I do not try and send an address or attachment then the Send statement will work on their system. It pulls up a blank New Message window. If they try and close this out they get an error 32001 User canceled process. I do not get this message from Outlook Express when I close the New Message window.

The MAPI error 32002 is of no help and I am puzzled why this works on Outlook Express but not just plain Outlook.
I'm wondering if it's some setting in Outlook or a DLL file problem.

I can send an email from their system with an address and an attachment using the Crystal Report MAPI objects but I want the user to be placed in the New Message window and have control over sending the message.

My code follows. Thanks in advance for your help.

MAPISession.LogonUI = True
MAPISession.SignOn
MAPIMessage.SessionID = MAPISession.SessionID
MAPIMessage.MsgIndex = -1
MAPIMessage.Compose
If tolist <> &quot;&quot; Then
MAPIMessage.RecipAddress = tolist
MAPIMessage.AddressResolveUI = True
MAPIMessage.ResolveName
End If
MAPIMessage.AttachmentPathName = &quot;C:\Vatc\quote.rtf&quot;
MAPIMessage.AttachmentName = &quot;Quote.rtf&quot;
MAPIMessage.Send True
MAPISession.SignOff

Hi I have this same problem.

My code is virtually the same.

Anyone have an idea of why when the send method executes it blows up with an &quot;Unspecified Failure?&quot;

To correct this problem you have to make sure that you put in a line like:

MAPIMessage.MsgNoteText = &quot; &quot;

That MsgNoteText has to be set to at least a blank space - that seems to do the trick and then the user can type whatever they want to as the note text once the email is brought up for them.

To correct this problem you have to make sure that you put in a line like:

MAPIMessage.MsgNoteText = &quot; &quot;

That MsgNoteText has to be set to at least a blank space - that seems to do the trick and then the user can type whatever they want to as the note text once the email is brought up for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back