Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPI-CMC functions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VCPro

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
US
I have VC++ application that uses MAPI-CMC functions to send emails to users.

This functionality is working on Windows NT. But, when ported to XP it fails to recognise the functions. Could not find any info on MSDN regarding changes required for XP in this aspect.

Would appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks!

When the fail do you get any error code? If so what is the definition of the error code(s)?

-pete

I get the following error while trying to use the CMC_Query_Configuration function.

CMC_return_code lresult;
CMC_boolean UI_available;
lresult = CMC_Query_Configuration (CMC_session_id) NULL,
CMC_CONFIG_UI_AVAIL,
&UI_available,
NULL )) == CMC_SUCCESS)

The error message says:

CMC_Query_Configuration failed
Error = 8.

That's it. NO other information.

Thanks!

Looking the error up i found this in the documentation
CMC_E_FAILURE
There was a general failure that does not fit the description of any other return value.

That information along with the other possible error values seems to suggest that a MAPI configuration problem might be the cause of the problem assuming your code is 100% correct.

The following article contains sample MAPI application source code that you can download, compile and run. If it does not work then you likely have a configuration problem. If it does then you likely have a code problem.

-pete

The code is correct and is working on NT.
generating errors on Windows XP.

Is it the MAPI dlls or any other configuration that needs to be changed?

Thanks!

MAPI is a layered system. If any of the vendor layers are not installed or configured properly the system will produce errors. Did you look at the article that i posted the link for?

-pete

Pete,

I did read that article before posting the problem on this forum. I understand the layered architecture of the messaging system.

The code is working as it is On windows NT.
Exchange server is the same.
Client application is being tested on Windows XP.
That's when I am getting the errors I indicated.

The reason has to be one of the dlls on XP. Not sure which one other than mAPi32.dll. But, that comes with the system. That's the confusion.

Thanks!

I would take your problem now to the Exchange forum here at Tek-Tips since you have diagnosed the problem to a configuration issue. Also if you have an MS application that uses MAPI like Outlook or something that is also failing to connect to Exchange Server that could help the members in that forum diagnose your problem.

-pete

I will try that. E-mail is working just fine though.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back