Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPD Board upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgzz

Technical User
Nov 1, 2004
MX
I want to update my mapd board but i dont know how to, trying to upgrade to 8.2.1
here is the information
how can i do this, is there a free upgrade that i can download like the board firmware or thats something i have to pay for?
thanks

=========== Application Packages ===========
DLG DLG application
(MAPD) Release 2.0, Issue 2.01
brm BRM driver
cvasai LUCENT CALLVISOR PC ASAI
(MAPD) 6.1.0
cvisdn LUCENT CALLVISOR PC ISDN
(MAPD) 6.1.0
cvlansrv LUCENT CV/LAN SERVER
(MAPD) 6.1.0
cvmapd LUCENT CALLVISOR PC OAM
(MAPD) 6.1.0
klog MAPD klog driver
mapd-ae MAPD Application Environment

cgzz,

no, there is no free upgrade. you have to order material code 173727 MAPD SFTW UPG LIC CVLAN SRVR 8.2.1. are you planning to deploy interaction center? if not, it is useless to upgrade your cvlan software.

Isn't MAP-D approaching end of life, or at least end of support?

yes dwalin, actually i do have one mapd using that release and one of our client wants me to upgrade to that version
anyways i think we have to do it
thanks

dwalin, what about if i just want to upgrade cvasai, it will be the same package?

cgzz,

there is no upgrade for cvasai nor for dlg application, your version is current. the difference between cvlan 6.1.0 and 8.2.1 is that latter supports cvlan protocol v8, and the most visible difference between cvlan v6 and v8 is that latter increases uui field length to 96 bytes (need support on the switch) and increases the number of adjunct routes per asai link. all this was made for interaction center 6.x and i strongly doubt some other application utilizes these features. so as i said, if you don't plan to deploy aic, you most probably don't need to upgrade cvlan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back