Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

map_file: Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jccl2

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
BR
After install on AIX samba 3.0.14 on /usr/local when i'm try to run commands i have this message below, whow can i tell to smb the correct path?

# ./testparm | more
Load smb config files from /internet/pa/samba-3.0.14.0/usr/local/lib/smb.conf
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/internet/pa/samba-
3.0.14.0/usr/local/lib/smb.conf":
No such file or directory
map_file: Failed to load /internet/pa/samba-3.0.14.0/usr/local/lib/upcase.dat -
map_file: Failed to load /internet/pa/samba-3.0.14.0/usr/local/lib/lowcase.dat -
creating lame upcase table
creating lame lowcase table
map_file: Failed to load /internet/pa/samba-3.0.14.0/usr/local/lib/valid.dat - N
o such file or directory
creating default valid table
Error loading services.
#

./testparm /path/to/smb.conf | more

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

OK, but i'm need to execute the smbd on this path to, and when i try to do this have the same error about map_file

map_file: Failed to load /internet/pa/samba-3.0.14.0/usr/local/lib/.....

if i use smbd -D -s /usr/local/lib/smb.conf they use this file but dependences files dosen't work. Same case on smbpasswd

My question is: Can i change the path?

I'm create the directory /internet/pa/samba-3.0.14.0 and copy all stuff to him, works fine, but the swat dosen't work. When i try use swat htt://rio-7043:901 they came with page canot be found.

UP

The /etc/services have

swat 901/tcp

and /etc/indetd.conf

swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /internet/pa/samba-3.0.14.0/usr/local/sbin/swat swat

When i reboot the machine the services dosen't up to i'm need to up manualy
/internet/pa/samba-3.0.14.0/usr/local/sbin/
./nmbd -D
./smbd -D

You may also play with symbolic links:
man ls (the -s option)

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Did you ever find out the solution to this problem? I'm just installing Samba 3.0.14.0 on an AIX 4.3 system and am running into the same problem. Swat returns a "Error chdir failed the server is not configured properly". And testparm and the other smb utilities and daemons are all looking to the /internet/pa/samba-3.0.14.0/usr directory when it should be just going to /usr.

Using the smbd -b switch I can see that basically the precompiled version is hard coded to use these weird directories (everything starting with /internet/pa/samba...). Haven't found any way around it other than to remove the precompiled version, install gcc and download the samba source and compile my own version.

Thanks,

Joe

Again, have you tried to create a symbolic link ?

Hope This Helps, PH.

Whoops - Brain wasn't activated yesterday... Yes creating a symbolic link worked.

Thanks!

Joe

sorry the delay, but the symbolic link worked for me too.

=]

Tks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back