Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Map extension to outgoing 800 number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneswitchnewbie

Programmer
Jun 10, 2016
US
Is there a way to forward callers to an external 800 number when a certain extension is dialed?
I've looked through a bunch of threads on these forums, but haven't had any luck so far... thanks for any help!

There are various methods of doing this.

Probably the easiest way is to create an ACD queue in LD 23 using any spare DN that is valid and at the NCFW prompt to enter in the out going 0800 number.

You will need to add in the access code such as e.g "9" or the outgoing route ACOD.

Once it's configured, then dial that ACD DN from any phone to confirm that it dials out OK.

Finally, set the extension to CFW to the ACD DN.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Did some more digging, and tried a few things. Added a phantom loop in ld 97, and attempted to add a phantom dn in ld 10:

Code:
REQ: prt
TYPE: 500

MARP NOT ACTIVATED

TN   61 0
DATE 
PAGE 
DES  

DES  TEST  
TN   061 0 00 00  PHANTOM
TYPE 500 
CDEN 4D
CUST 0 
WRLS NO
DN   496 0     MARP
AST  NO  
IAPG 0 
HUNT 
TGAR 1 
LDN  NO
NCOS 7 
SGRP 0 
RNPG 0 
XLST 
SCI  0 
CLS  UNR DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FND HTD ONS 
     LPR XRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD CCSD LND TVD 
     CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
     ICDD CDMD EHTD MCTD 
     GPUD DPUD CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD 
     MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA 
     MCRD 
     EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD 
     USRD BNRD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD FTTC 
PLEV 02 
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0 
FTR  CFW 4 
FTR  DCFW 4  406
DATE  4 AUG 2023

(just to test things, I'm forwarding ext 496 to 406)
However, when I dial ext 496, I'm getting some prompt saying "that entry was not valid". I thought phantom loops were virtual and didn't require any hardware to function?

The 496 DN shows up in ld 20:

Code:
>ld 20

PT0000 
MARP NOT ACTIVATED

REQ: prt
TYPE: dnb
CUST 
DN   496
DATE 
PAGE 
DES 

CUST  00 

DN   496
TYPE 500 
TN   061 0 00 00  MARP          DES TEST       4 AUG 2023

What am I missing?

Firebird Scrambler, thanks for your response! I didn't see it while I was posting my previous post... but I will for sure try that!

No worries.

With regards to the phantom DN, try CLS = FNA SFA CFTA DPUA GPUA CFXA HTA

You might need to add 496 to the Hunt and FDN prompts.

It's been a long time ago that I last played with Phantom DN's.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Actually, the phantom DN approach works great, internally... When I call in from the outside and try the extension however, all I hear is silence.
Are there any settings to check regarding making this work from the outside calling in?

Another possibility is that this is an issue with our auto-attendant (we are using some 3rd party AA/Voice mail computer hooked into the switch), since this is where all incoming outside calls are coming in.

Ahh, never mind, using the ACD approach works!! It took me a second to figure out how exactly, but thanks again Firebird Scrambler [bow]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back