Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Map Blows Up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashush

Programmer
May 2, 2003
US
I have a simple map that puts a file into a subdirectory depending on a value of an item. The map blows up every time I run it. I have renamed the map, created a new map, deleted the map and renamed the .bak file, added an extra output card, changed the output from sink to file, etc. and the map continue to blow up. This happens both in Map Designer and the Launcher.

Message "Map Designer for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Windows XP Service Pack 2
Version 8.1.0.2

I changes the rule to just list the output path and the map continues to fail.

=GETDIRECTORY( X12_Interchange ) + IF( App'nRcv'rCd Element:GS Segment V4010:#276<>F4010<>Inbound Partner Funct'lGroup ANSI:partner X12 Inbound Interchange:X12_Interchange="BCCP", "BCCP\", "ACAPS\" ) + TRIMLEFT( GETFILENAME( X12_Interchange ), GETDIRECTORY( X12_Interchange ) )

//=VALID( PUT( "FILE", GETDIRECTORY( X12_Interchange ) + IF( App'nRcv'rCd Element:GS Segment V4010:#276<>F4010<>Inbound Partner Funct'lGroup ANSI:partner X12 Inbound Interchange:X12_Interchange="xxx", "xxx\", "Abcd\" ) + TRIMLEFT( GETFILENAME( X12_Interchange ), GETDIRECTORY( X12_Interchange ) ), TEXT( X12_Interchange ) ), FAIL( "Arc_RouteTransaction.mmc failed to rename file. " + GETFILENAME( X12_Interchange ) + LASTERRORCODE( ) + LASTERRORMSG( ) ) )

Do you really want the last GETDIRECTORY? Also get file name returns the full path of the resource.

Hi,

This kind of problem is observed sometimes when a type tree/map developed originally in a higher version of the product (e.g. 8.1) is used in a lower version of the product (e.g. 7.5).

Regards,
Mondweep.

The problem was solved by replacing this code:

TRIMLEFT( GETFILENAME( X12_Interchange ), GETDIRECTORY( X12_Interchange ) )

with this:

SUBSTITUTE( GETFILENAME( X12_Interchange ), GETDIRECTORY( X12_Interchange ), "")

Hello All,

Is it possible in wtx 6.7 to encode data in the map to base 64 encoding.

Regards,
Sneha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back