Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAP A NEW NETWORK DRIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobez

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2002
GB
Ok im new to citrix ish, and at moment i have 5 users down south using it to access a database at the northern HQ via a published app, my question is, how do i give them access to the network drive located on another server, taking into mind that they usa a vpn to access this office and dont physically login to the domain, Is there anyway once they have logged into the ICA client that this can push the mapped drive to there local drive settings, or can i create a shortcut or something? at the moment i have to give them a published desktop so they can see the drive that ive mapped to the citrix box.

anyone help me ?

Try creating a profile where you map the drive with a user account with access to the file location. When you map a drive the option to map as a different user is given. If only two boxes present then map as domain\username for the first box. Once you have the mapping set, copy the profile over the other users profiles so they will also have the mapping. Do you know how to copy a profile to make it the default profile? Same steps basically.

I think this solution will help me but I'm not sure where you are talking about doing the mapping. Where in Citrix can I set a loggin for a drive mapping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back