Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Many Record on a subform with only one record on the main form

Status
Not open for further replies.

losesoul

Technical User
Mar 12, 2004
US
I have a form that is a request work order. The main form tells the problems that the employee had, and the subform orders the parts. How do I set up the subform to except many records on the same main form. The error I get is each record on the subform must have a matching on the main form.

It sounds like your tables may have a one to one link. On the table level, (use the relationships window to see if this is set up correctly). Make sure that there is a one to many link between the Main table and the Parts table. Then, you link the Main form to the subform in the subform properties.

Main table EmployeeID (PrimaryKey, Unique one per employee) -> Parts table/EmployeeID (Indexed many records per employee)

Link Master and Child fields with the EmployeeID fields of both forms.

How are ya losesoul . . . . .

Have a look at the following:

[blue]Normalizing Tables[/blue]

[blue]Table Relationships[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

losesoul

How is the request work order ... problems that the employee had linked to the subform orders the parts ??

Have you entered the parts per the work order? ...or do want a "template" for the problem to be used populate the subform?

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back