Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

many fake NDR messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvit77

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
ES
I'm receiving fake NDR messages from addresses where I do not sent anything. I have read from Internet that this is a new spam method, that consists in sending fake NDR and the system get them without problem.

Also it's very strange because only one user have this problem, in a total of 15 users.

Fake or not, that is spam, just disguised as an NDR, ignore the subject, block the sender if it it the same.
Install a spamfilter to your server if it get worse , is a very good one.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

I have installed GFI mail essentials, but the problem I see is that if I block the sender (allways System Administrator), maybe when I have a really good NDR I will not be noticed about it...

True, but, you can get your server to send your own NDR's to another address.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how can I do that?

In System Manager - go to the Default Virtual SMTP Server, right click - properties, click the messages Tab and fill in the postmaster's address (or any other) in the field "Send Copy of non ..."

To disable NDR and others to the internet:
System Manager - Internet Message Format - Default - properties -Advanced. Un-check all the Allow... fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back