Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Many connections in my 'Current Sessions' on Virtual SMTP Server??

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2003
IE
Hi guys,

My Exchange Server was hit to relay spam a few days ago. I got it stopped, but now I keep getting loads of connections in my 'Current Sessions' on my Default Virtual SMTP Server. I don't recognise any of the IP addresses. I can terminate them ok, but they keep coming straight back. I'm just wondering if this is the way it should be, or, if as I suspect, they are connecting to my server port, attempting to relay, getting nowhere, but still trying. I'm certain that no relaying is going on at the moment because my Server load has lightened considerably.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

yep, ignore it if you are certain you turned off relaying. They are still attempting to relay, but cannot

Give it a day or two. These will go away and change to other addresses if you check the queue again

I am having a problem with getting unrecognized sessions in my current sessions section. I believe i am being used as a relay. Could someone tell me how I can stop this?

see faq858-1592 and faq858-4295

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back