Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manufacturing - Phantom components /BOM'-Routing link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel2255

Technical User
Jun 9, 2009
US
We currently use manufacturing orders (MO) for each parent item and for each sub-assembly. We are receipting a lot of sub-assemblies to issue to the parent MO. I am attempting to utilize phantom BOM's as where the sub-assembly is not created as an inventoried item and only one MO is used for the entire assembly - parent and sub's. I have built the proper BOM's with the items and phantom items as they are required along with all of the routings for the parent item and all sub-assemblies and components.

I have been unable to get the phantom components to print out on the sequence it is linked to on traveler reports.

Bom / Routing link issues

any suggestions would be wonderful?
Thanks,
Mel

you probably will have to create a custom report for that. I'm pretty sure the GP boys didn't think of using Phantoms the way you are suggesting.

(btw.... I use it that way too in another manuf. system)

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back