Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manually enter data in a formula field

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebabe

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2003
US
Is this even possible to overide the formula to enter data manually for a particular record? Do I need to write a macro to overider the formula function?

Are you trying to edit a query result? If you really must override, convert your output into a table then do the editing on the output table.

Hope I got your problem correctly.

Not quite. A field in my form, example:

Providers Vacc_Ordered Vacc_Filled
ABD 100 50
CAD 500 500

So, Vacc_Filled field is some kind of formula and will automatically calculate based on some criteria. From time to time, we want to manually enter a number in Vacc_Field formula field.

Your second idea if too complicated for someone who is only a data entry person to do. So, perhaps a macro, maybe like a double click to override the formula? Is this possible?

If a text box Control Source begins with "=" then you will not be able to enter a value into it.

Do you actually have a field in your form's record source that stores the Vacc_Filled value?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

You could have Vacc_filled automatically calculated, but still bound to a field.

Create a field in the table called Vacc_filled
Bind the text box to that value

In the afterupdate of VacOrdered (and any other fields that effect it)

if isnull(Vacc_filled) then
Vacc_filled=[enter calculation here]
end if

This will only enter a figure for Vacc_filled if there is not already one in there. Modify as you need to suit your processes.

SeeThru
Synergy Connections Ltd - Uk Telemarketing and Telesales Services
and
Synergy Mobile Solutions - UK Mobile phones, land lines and call packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back