Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelfan

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2002
US
I have a firebox core 1000 and an edge x55e with a manual vpn setup between two sites. Ping works fine to any device and VNC can even be used to control computers across link, so that part is up and fine. I have two other issues.

One I cannot access any windows server on the x1000 side, I can however access a server on the edge side. ( I am simply using \\serveripaddress\). The two site are on seperate domains and need to remain that way.

Second we are using Citrix Metaframe for an application and it resides on the x1000 side. Before the tunnel pptp was used to establish a connection and then citrix worked fine. Now, since the tunnel, citrix cannot find the citrix server from the edge side therefore I cannot connect. I think it has to do with NAT, but am unsure how to fix the issue.

Any help is appreciated

Since you can ping the server, I'm inclined to say that something on the server is stopping you from browsing it.

If you're trying to access Windows Server 2003 make sure Windows Firewall is not turned on and/or denying file and printer sharing. It could also be the server is only allowing file and printer sharing for the local subnet that it’s on.

I found the issue. I had to create an "any" policy for the two networks - incoming from one to the other and vice-versa. I don't know what in particular is being blocked and Watchguard does not know either, but it works now.

Found I also had to setup a policy to allow citrix through also. Both are working at this point.

I have a watchguard Core x750e Firewall and I am trying to connect to a clients network. they are using a Cisco Pix.

I am using the Cisco VPN Client version 4.8.02.0010.

I can get connected to the vpn but unable to ping any internal IP Address's on the clients network. I know this is a configuration with the Watchguard. if anyone can shed some light I what I am doing wrong or how to fix this that would be great.

I created a rule to allow tcp port 51, udp ports 1000,4500, and 10000. yet I still can't access the network

any thoughts would be great.

Kevin

does phase 2 complete?

what version of firware is the watchguard running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back