Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual Transfer To Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelma2

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2007
US
We've had MM4 for a few months now, and we want to start leveraging the fax features. In testing this, I've found that the feature works great if the user doesn't answer the call and it goes to the coverage path. So, what action must the user take if he answers the call and needs to manually transfer it to modular messaging for fax trasmission to proceed?

Do I have to add some type of feature button to everyone's phone or is there a simpler approach?

The best way it to give the user a 2nd DID number that would go right to the mailbox using a secondary ext number in the mailbox.

Short of that they just have to be fast on transferring it back to MM and punching in their mailbox number.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

To transfer immediately to your voicemail box without having to enter your extension transfer to the Feature Access code for "Transfer to Voicemail" -

That only works if you have an Avaya PBX and if the call has covered from you number to a different answer point then you can use the transfer to VM code to send it to the called number.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back