Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual backup of a specific stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

pduda

MIS
Jan 24, 2002
US
I thought I posted this last week, but cannot find it in the forum.

Is there a way in netbackup to do a manual backup of a specific stream? I know you can select the policy and the client, but have not found a way to do a specific stream.

We have some backup policies configured with multiple streams. Sometimes one of the streams will fail and we kick off a manual backup of the policy once we have corrected the problem. The problem is that the policy wants to back up all of the streams.

Has anybody dealt with this?

Thanks,
Paul

Are you allowing multiple data streams to run in your policy configs? If you are running multiple jobs for each data stream can't you just restart the failed job? Otherwise you're probably looking at creating a temporary policy by copying the original and only putting the failed data stream in as a backup selection and starting a manual job on it. As long as you leave the schedule start window time blank, you can leave the policy active and not have the scheduler kick off any redundant jobs on you. Running multiple data streams and just restarting the failed job for that one backup selection is the first choice of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back