Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manual backup in ADSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2002
US
Hello,

I am not very familiar with ADSM and am trying to figure out how to start a backup manually. Our backups have not been running on this system for over a month. We finally got scratch tapes back and the system seems to have finished space reclamation but it's like the backup jobs are not queueing up. Everything appears to be set up properly. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Megan

have yolu had a look at dsmerror.log , to see why the backups are not working.

Have you got scheduler running on the clients ?

do you want to do an incremental,selective or full backup ?

have you got a list of filesystems in dsm.sys .opt file

to backup run dsmc

dsmc> I
(for incremental)

dsmc I /home
dsmc > sel /home

check activity log for info.

At this point, running any kind of backup would be fine.

As far as I can tell, there is a scheduler running the clients but it is not working. Nothing has been changed on the scheduler so I have no idea why it stopped working. It keeps asking for me to check in this one particular volume but won't let me check it in.

I checked the dsmerror.log but have no idea how to interpret it. I can send it to you if you are willing to help.

Thanks for your previous reply!

Hi,

yeah send us the dsmerror.log , and we'll see if we can help you ?

Do you want to post it in this thread or email it to us ?

I can't figure out how to find your email address, send it to me please, meganturner@qfci.com.

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back