Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manipulating the active page in a page frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesw3

Programmer
May 27, 2003
US
Im trying to set control sources of grid columns to the active page in a page frame. I know I can put the individual code for each page into a case statement but I was looking for something a little more dynamic. Here's what I tried that obviously doesnt work but shows what Im trying to achieve. Thanks for any input.

lcRecSource = this.RecordSource && RecordSource is a property of my pageframe

DO CASE
CASE this.activepage = 1
lcRectype = "_StandardCargo"

CASE this.activepage = 2
lcRectype = "_Rentals"

CASE this.activepage = 3
lcRectype = "_Tubular"

CASE this.activepage = 4
lcRectype = "_wellheads"

CASE this.activepage = 5
lcRectype = "_bits"

CASE this.activepage = 6
lcRectype = "_mud"
ENDCASE

This.activepage.recnew_grid11.recordsource = lcRecSource+lcRectype
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column1.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".hm"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column2.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".cntr"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column3.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".rcdate"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column4.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".size"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column5.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".weight"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column6.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".ser"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column7.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".desc"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column8.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".qty"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column9.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".unit"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column10.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".vendor"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column10.autofill_ven_grid1.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".vendor"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column11.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".vdata"
This.activepage.recnew_grid11.Column12.ControlSource = lcRecSource+lcRectype+".vticket"

selRec = lcRecsource+lcRectype
SELECT &selRec
GO TOP

thisform.Refresh()

Ah... Solved my problem using .pages(nIndex) property. Im still learning ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back