Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manipulating a picture box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocoutts

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
GB
Hello,
Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.
I have a picture box in Quark 5, I want the top and sides of the box to be straight but the bottom to be curved. I know I could draw a picture box with the Bezier tool (but this is not one of my strengths).
I have tried item > shape and changed it from a regular box, and although it gives me the power to move the lines around I can't seem to create any curves.
Is this possible? Am I missing the obvious?
Many many thanks
Jo

If I was doing this, I would probably begin by converting the rectangle to a bezier shape (Item > Shape). Then I would add an extra anchor point halfway along the bottom line - Alt/Option click anywhere along the line. You might want to move this new point up or down to approximately the extent of the curve. To turn it into a curve, Ctrl-click and drag that point. The new handles that appear will allow you to adjust the curve.

Another way of doing it is to merge shapes together. For example, create a rectangle and an oval, position them so the oval looks like a curve below the rectangle. Select both shapes, and go to Item > Merge > Union (or whatever operation is more suitable).

Thank you blueark for your quick helpful reply!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back