Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manging Anti-Spyware with ePO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gufs99

MIS
Jun 19, 2003
US
I just noticed that McAfee is offering an Anti-Spyware app. Now I know that it's probably intended for home use, but do you think I could install it in an enterprise environment and manage it with ePO?

VirusScan Enterprise 7.5 which is going beta March 29th should have the functionality to detect and clean adware/spyware. It is also supposed to detect buffer overflows. The full release should be available in June.

Thanks! I've been wondering when they were going to add that functionality. I figured it was a matter of time before they did.

Where did you get that info btw?

Wild guess .. he works for NAI? :)

AVChap

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once.
I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work,
I will find the way that will work.”
--Thomas Edison

LOL avchap. Dont work for them but im on the phone with them everyday and im sure with all of my experince with there products. I could make a good SE. Actually version 7.0 will detect and remove some adware/spyware. Check this link down and look at virus's starting with "Adware"

The current versions of VirusScan Enterprise detect adware/spyware but won't remove it. Are you sure the new version will add the capability of removing these programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back