Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mandrake9.1 NO SOUND! help please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsujoe

Technical User
Apr 25, 2003
US
I am new to linux and just installed Mandrake 9.1 to dual boot with win2k successfully on my laptop. The only problem is there is no sound...

When I go to Configuration --> Control Center and expand Information and click on Sound, it has my sound card in 'Card Config:' but for Audio devices, Sound devices, and mixers it says "NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG"

The soundcard is listed in the Mandrake Control Center but I tried the troubleshooting command in the shell, and unfortunately not sure what it all means...

I type '/sbin/fuser -v /dev/dsp' and get
/dev/dsp: No such file or directory

Thanks in advance.

Strange... I hibernated the computer and when I trutned it back on, I ran Xmms and the sound worked. Not sure what happened but only synth devices says not enabled now in the control center. Other than that, its seems to be working fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back