Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mandrake install

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0795

Programmer
Jul 30, 2001
US
I am trying to install mandrake and it keeps locking up when it goes to SETUP SCSI,i do not have any SCSI devices on this box.
Any help would be great.
Nick

I have always found mandrake a bit buggy ...

What version of Mandrake are you installing, and what hardware do you have? Do you have a CDRW drive, etc...

-John ---
John Hoke

7.1 the only way around it is if I do expert and tell it not to search for PCI or scsi devices.

Ok, but is this a laptop, desktop, what hardware does it have, etc?

For example... if you have a CD Burner, it will have to run in "SCSI EMulation" which will cause issues with MDK 7.1 if i recall correctly on install...

-j ---
John Hoke

Try getting Mandrake 8.0 I've had good success with it
in finding devices over previous releases.

Its a AMD 550 with 128 ram
just a cdrom 32x 1 USR ISA modem, 1 network card and ,a video card AGP

Hi,

I have had the same problem with Mandrake 7.2 and 8.0 and just ran 'expert' installs. It tries to scare you with a message like 'are you really ready to answer questions like....' . Just do it anyway - It seemed very automated to me even for a so-called expert install.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back