Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

manditory Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriscar

Technical User
Dec 11, 2000
US
I am wondering if in NT you can set the desktop so that it stays the same for everyone including other software applications such as Lotus Notes. Thanks for in advance.

Kristie

If you put the icons for your apps in the winnt/profiles/all users desktop folder, everyone will be forced to see what you have in there. As far as colors or bitmaps go, you'll have to force those in policy. Hope that helps.

V

Will this also apply to other software personal settings? Example is the toolbar in Word or Excel, Lotus Notes has a Workspace or Browser interface?

Thanks

Well, the all users folder won't do much for your applications. I know with Word, if you want to customize the interface to work for all users, you have to maintain a normal.dot file, which is what loads when Word starts. I can't say the same for Excel or Lotus Notes. Maybe someone else can vouch for that.

V

you can create a mandatory profile for use by all users
as long as the apps you want are installed on all systtems then it will work
you need to make the ntuser.dat file a ntuser.man
Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back