Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mandatory signature and disclaimer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncvandy

MIS
Jul 10, 2001
US
I've been tasked with evaluating different third party options for adding a mandatory signature to all outgoing email and more than likely also adding a general disclaimer. I did a search through the forum and while the consensus seems to be GFI mail essentials in trial ware mode, we more than likely are going to be mandated to purchase something. Looking at GFI, it has more features than I care for, such as spam filtering (already done nicely with another product) and purchasing it for just the signature and disclaimer may be over kill. A quick web search turned up numerous products that seem to fit the bill but before I start downloading a lot of trial balloons though I would ask you all what besides GFI seems to work the best. Any suggestions?

Jim

Elegant solutions are nice, but right now I'll settle for whatever works.

Anyone know the easiest way to go about this? Is there any kind of functionality automaticallly build into Exchange 2003? Mgmt is asking to have a company logo inserted at the end of each email.

there is an option in group policy to require a signature, but i've never gotten it to work properly, and the wording is horrendous...

If you have searched the forum, you'll know that GFi's disclaimer works beyond the trial period and if specified as free software in that you do not need to remove the software - it is designed to do both anti spam and disclaimers beyond this time.

So you don't have to purchase it.

You cannot put a logo in there and Exchange has disclaimer built in but the GFi software does it for you a great deal simpler.

Thanks guys...I saw most people recommending GFI. It looks like it allows HTML so I would think there would be a way to get a logo in there somehow.

Anyone familiar with a product called Exclaimer ( I found it rated pretty high here:

It specifically mentions images and looks like it might be a better option for us. We're running Exchange 2003 w/ Outlook as the client. Just curious if anyone has any experience with this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back