Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Managing Viruscan Enterprise remote in small office

Status
Not open for further replies.

bence8810

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2005
AE
Hi

We are an office of about 40, and I have Viruscan Enterprise installed on all machines. As they are not all up to date, I need to walk around to each station, and check one by one. I now found that if I open my Virusscan console, I can open a "Remote Console", therefore I can view the Patch versions etc on remote machines, but only one by one. Is there a Remote Management for this McAfee that would keep all information updated, and report to me if there is a delay with an update or any other problems?

Thanks,

Ben

May I suggest McAfee's ePolicy Orchestrator product. Will do all the remote management you'll need, updates, reports etc...I don't imagine it's cheap though!

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion, I am downloading the Trial version now.

If lets say the price of that product is too high for our small office, is there a simpler, cheaper solution perhaps?

Thanks

Ben

For a less complex (cheaper / less managed) solution, check out the Total Protection for Small Business products.

Protection Pilot is the managment product more suited to smaller offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back