Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Managing Multiple Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2003
US
Is there a way to simplify managing multiple groups? I have split one of our domains into 27 different groups. This allows them to pull from 27 different sites to minimize traffic and bandwidth to ePO. However, it a pain to go and update all of the groups every week. I do not want them to point to the default FTP site for NAI. Thanks

Hi

Why would it be a pain to update them? Once you have created the update task, it's done.
Do you refer to the internal update sites?

I have one server in each group that downloads from NAI. The rest of the nodes updates from that server.

One time job...

Cheers
AVDude

I understand that I could point my download to a more genmeric folder and have the task run, but I run the current xdat file to a test group before allowing it to run thoughout our enviroment.

My share on the server looks like this (C:\Progra~1\mcafee\4245) this is where the unc is pointed to for the update task. The contents of this directory are robo copied out to 27 sites. This allows me to download, test and run the robocopy. TIA

Hi

Don't you use incremental updates?

If you want to check the DAT's before deployment to the rest of you environment...

Have your test machines update from a master share where the DAT's where pulled down from NAI.

When you see that everything is ok, start your robo copier.

The robot copies the master share out to the rest of the 27 update sites.

There will probably be manual work.
But if you schedule the normal weekly updates with enough time between the test update and your normal update, you would have enough time to test and start the robo copier.

Just a thought.

Cheers
AVDude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back