Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manager Password - can it be changed using SiteManager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brat

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2001
PL
Hi, all

I have one question, is it possible to change Manager and User passwords using Nortel's SiteManager application?

Thanks,
Brat

To the Best of my knowledge it has to be done from the command line. My suggestions are what I would try myself. If incorrect, I welcome corrections to my knowledge.
Scott
stomlin@baptistfirst.org

There is no way to do this via Site Manager. It must be done through the CLI. If you have LOST the password, that is an entirely different animal. If you have, let us know what type of router you have lost the password on, since they are all slightly different.

Hi, Jynxx

I have BLN-2 router, but nopswd.exe file doesn't work on FRE-2 and ARE modules, I need FRE module to use it with, so I only have sitemanager access as for now, I also don't have module withoun password installed to perform clearing procedure.

Maybe you know other possibilities?

Ooh. On a BLN I am actually not sure...we do not have any, so I have not had direct experience with them. I do know that 2430's, ARN's, and ASN's password recovery is different for each...

Hi, Jynxx

I have ARN router, i forgot ARN's router password for Manager.Please help me,thank you.

Maybe you know other possibilities?

Note: You must have access to the console port of the router for these steps.

1.)Connect to the console port.
2.)Power cycle the router.
3.)When the ARN starts cycling through diags, press Ctrl+C followed by Enter. Keep repeating while the router is booting and it should take you into diagnostics mode. If Ctrl+C does not interrupt the boot sequence, press the Pause/Break key after Ctrl+C<Enter>.
4.)At the diagnostics mode prompt, type diag_1>> and press Enter. This will put you at another prompt.
5.)At this new prompt, type in d/l/n:5 410000 0 (leaving spaces between the 5 – 4, and the 0 – 0). This will erase the Manager password from NVRAM.
6.)Type boot, then press enter, or simply power cycle the router.
7.)When the router boots, and you get the login prompt, it will not prompt for a password after you enter in “Manager”.
8.)Once you are logged in, type password manager <password> to change the Manager password to a new value.

anyone has nopswd.exe . I'm stack with an asn who must get unlocked. (That's when companies start byuing each other and leave their routers on a storage room)

You actually need the file asn_no_pswd.exe for ASN routers. You can get this by calling Nortel support at 1-800-466-7835, entering in the express routing code # 150, then entering in your Nortel contract site ID.

If you do not have a support contract, your local Nortel rep may be able to help you. If you have neither, then my suggestion would be to purchase a support contract for it.

Umm...read 3 posts above your question...there's your answer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back