Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manager Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

punchtool

Vendor
Jun 8, 2004
US
Tring to connect to ip office 406 4.0.7 and it was fine for awhile but know I get an error code of 2. it says service command failed error code-2. Any ideas??

Have you tried re-installing?

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

at a site we had to make a email notification and we got a code 3. that was a security issue with windows server 2003.

i therefore suppose this is a security issue aswell.

Look up if all ness ports for avaya are open.
In our case this worked.

I had this happen to me. It was on 3.2 on a 412. It turned out to be that windows was corrupt. It got to the point were manager wouldn't even start at all. Rebooting and reinstalling did not help. The odd thing was that VM pro ran fine (we used the same machine for both). Then as time went on, we couldn't access any of the desktop icons. We had to bring a laptop to service it, that got old so we replaced the PC.

It's a scn and I can still access other sites just not the site that the vmpro computer is at. The manager software is on that computer plugged into a switch port on the ipoffice.

I have one site doing this to me. i have tried with VM pro server and my laptop and it will not connect. I am rebuilding the 406 from the DTE port to see if it helps. Mien is a 3.2 site. What is odd was i can reboot it with manager and even run the upgrade on the expansion modules and it works. it just will not log in.

same here I can upgrade send configs offline but 1 out 20 times I can log in

I had this same issue happen to me. Rebooting the processor worked in my situation.

cpate

Tried rebooting 406 doesn't help. Load on new computer works get.Any ideas???? Need to get ideas.

I also have a small office (4.0.7) getting the Service command failed. Cause (Error code -2)

I got the error once on my laptop (win 2000) but was able to get in after a reboot of the small office. I left site and of course it returned after I left. The customer is using a xp machine and can not get in after a reboot. I opened up a ticket, this is what I got from T4.

Yes, that is a known error that currently has no solution. If you get BP’s calling in, please open tickets with T3 for me so that I can apply the usual Squeaky Wheel scenario to gain some traction. Add as much detail as to how they connecting, over what lines or ports, pc specs (OS and service patches etc).

I have the same issue happening to me. I have a Small Office Edition for my lab. I had it happen on my last computer. I could connect to other IPOffices, but not to my SOE. My laptop could connect to it without any problem. I got a new computer, and everything worked fine. Then today, it started happening again with my new computer. I changed Nothing. I have tried unistalling, reinstalling, I even cleaned up the Registry files, still, I cannot connect. I can access the security settings, and even upgrade.

Has anyone figured this out yet???

can you send the last ocnfig back ?
if yes then do that and try again

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Not for me. Getting the same problem and can't access the IP Office. Tried sending the config file, hard reboot of the IPO, reboot of the VM server that I am using for Manager, and even trying to change the Administrator password and building a new login using the security settings, and still nothing. Of course the customer is 2 hours away so I can't try my laptop.

I have a site doing the same thing. We have replaced the 406 and still same thing. After we replaced it it worked for about 2 weeks then same thing. I have gone in with my laptop and still can not get in to it. I am leaning to rebuild the entire config. It must be something with the IPO since the VM cant get in my laptop same thing and we even loaded it on the customkers PC and they cant get in.

I upgraded Manager from 3.2.55 to 3.2.59 and opened the config offline and sent it to the control unit. It let me open it back up but when I did a reboot, the error came back. I did the same steps again and everything appears to be working. Not sure for how long though.

so it is a problem with the software and the pc
after reinstalling it works again

maybe something is blocking manager ???

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Anyone have any resolution on this? I have this happening on a 406. Tried reboot, tried taking 406 off the network, tried sending old config (this worked for about an hour), and yet it still has the same error code 2. I've opened a ticket with tier III, but was seeing if anyone else has had any resolution yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back