Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manager I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash575

MIS
Jun 16, 2008
I have some questions about using HiPath 3000/5000 Manager I (P50038-P1525-A1-12).

We are trying to connect to our phone system and have the cable that one end looks like a PS2 connection for a keyboard and the other is a 9 pin serial connection. With Manager I installed on our we connect the serial end into the laptop and the PS2 looking end into the phone system.

I fire up Manager I and enter the username/password information and then what do I do to read the information from the phone system?

It doesn’t look like it wasn’t to download anything or let me configure anything like Manager E does.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

You'll need to install a SLIP DialIn.

Goto Phone Modem options add a "standard modem 9600Bps Com1"
Install a new DialIn Internet connection.

Name; SLIP
Teln; 1

Leave the rest default, then select the properties of your New SLIP dialin connection goto Network and select "SLIP: UNIX connection" Read the kds with the Manager E and lookup the IP address of the HG1500 card. Enter this IP adress in the TCP/IP setting of the SLIP Network tab.

Greetzz..Bas

Avaya_Red.gif

Hi Ash575,

Would you send me the cable pinout?

Thanks

This is not a normal cable, in the middle of the calbe the is a magic box full of components.

hicom-Kabel.gif
picture shows db25 but it's also available for db9

Avaya_Red.gif

Hi Bash1234,

I Thought I make that cable but I am seeing this is doesn't work.
Please help me, My company has a hipath 3550 v4.0 sw and one HXGS2 card and 2 optipoint 400 IP telephone.
I want to configure those telephones.
I have manager E and manager I sw.
When I started manager E download database from 3550 than I click the HG 1500 row in the system view the manager I is started and half minute I got Timeout error from manager I.
hipath IP adress is 10.144.233.64, HG 1500 IP is 10.144.233.64. Without special cable I can to configure this? If yes how?

Thanks

Do you have this manual?

Can you ping 10.144.233.64 or 10.144.233.63 ?
Also it could be that the IP address is changed, do a network scan.

Avaya_Red.gif

Yes I have this manual and I ping both IP address.
I use LIM IP access protokol in hipath, one lan cable connect to LIM and the other one is connect to HXGS2 X3 port.
I try to connecting to HG 1500 in Manager E and I get
"Undefinied connection fault, Do you want to connect with an ILAN? This is invalid from the CDB-version 2.0." Yes/No .
If I choose Yes, I get "You must enter a customer code to carry out this action" OK .
I enter 18140815 password then I get message "The IP address of the service computer is not enabled for configuration purposes

The network setting need to be set on HIP instead of LIM(it will switch into bridging mode), the LIM will not work anymore then.

And in the routing tab add a route 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.0/IPofGateway

Avaya_Red.gif

What version is the card?

For a Typ 1 or 2 you cannot connect IP400 phone to it, you'll need to have a releas 3 or even 4.

I could be wrong but the 1 and 2 version card are the only ones that have the PS2 connector.

Avaya_Red.gif

For IP phones you need to have this one;

HG1500.jpg

The card you have is only for connecting to PBX together over cornet or to use it as RAS.

Avaya_Red.gif

I set the access to HIP, it is working. Both IP adresses ping. Unfotunately I don't know what is the routing tab.
Is this the Network menü Routing tab?
I have HXGS2 S30810-Q2939-X000-B2 card with 4 DSP-s (voice&data services and 2 otipoint 400 and one optipoint 300 telephone. My card has PS2 connector

Anybody else help me how I can configure HXGS2.

Thanks

>My card has PS2 connector.

Like I told you you CANNOT connect IP400 phones to it, that HXGS2 can ONLY connect 2 or more HiPath together or to use it as a RAS for Dialin/Remote Access. You'll need at least a V3 HXGS depending on the Hareware version of the HiPath.

Avaya_Red.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back