Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manager 11.1 SP2 Not Running on Windows 10... Says .NET 4.0 Not Installed 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtactics

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2014
US
Hello all... I have a problem running IPO Manager on newly installed Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro. I am no slouch when it comes to fixing Windows issues, but this one is proving to be difficult.

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on a desktop, and updated to 1909, but not to Feature update 20H2. This version of Win10 includes .NET 4.8 (which is inclusive of all previous versions of .NET), however, when I run Manager now, it tells me:
"To run this program you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework... 4.0"

I also updated Windows 10 (latest security updates, and Feature Pack updates) last week on a different computer where Manager 11.1 was previously working, to have the same issue after the update.

I've uninstalled, and reinstalled .NET manually, but the same problem persists.

Has anyone else dealt with this, and has anyone found a resolution? Thank you all in advance.

in my opinion R11.1 is complete crap

they screwed up every release and have taken them off so many times that I stopped looking if they are back.

I run 11.0 on all machines and have not a single 11.1 system on customer sites.

Having that said that doesn't help you much but I think it might just be that Microsoft has retaliated against Avaya for not supporting Windows in R11.1 any more on VM and Hyper-V is also not there (or is it now again)

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Well, to try, I uninstalled 11.1 and installed 11.0. Still the same result. it looks like new Windows 10 updates might just break Manager.

Strange one. I'm running R11.1 on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 without any issues...

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

I couldn't agree with Westi more. We are completely avoiding R11.1 at this point it is just to volatile to be useful imo.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

11.1.0.95 (released in August 2020) is stable and we are both running it on our in house system and have upgraded a lot of customers to it as well with no issues, but any 11.1 releases beyond August 2020 have not been good and we are staying away too.

Just out of curiosity - how easy is it to downgrade back to R11.0? would it just be a matter of recreating the SD card in the earlier version of Manager and using the usual upgrade method via the earlier version of manager?

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Just upgraded my personal laptop to Win10 20H2 with Manager 11.1.1.0.0 and it works just the same way as before.
I however do not connect to a 11.1 system only my 11.0.4.5 servers and some lower version IP500V2's but all seems to work

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

@tac84 If you reformat and recreate the SD card you will not do the upgrade wizard. Just put the SD card back into the system and let it downgrade to the version on the SD card.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Thanks @critchey

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Just an update on this... I still do not fully know what the issue is here, but I have some ideas. Win 10 20H2 is what caused .NET to break on my computer, but it may be more of a computer-specific issue than I thought. Windows 10 20H2 is causing major issues with certain versions of BIOS (mainly older BIOS) on many computers, resulting in crashes. My computer is one of those... Win10 20H2 is not compatible with my BIOS, and there is no BIOS upgrade for this motherboard. I can run 20H2 for anywhere from 5 seconds to 10 minutes before a BSOD. I will have to trash this PC, or just use it for our development lab. .NET 4.0 was broken from the initial installation of Windows 10; Powershell would not even run from a brand new install. The registry does not even build .NET 4.0 subkeys in the registry. This seems to be due to an incompatibility between my BIOS and 20H2 for some reason. Running a 1903 installation of Win10 results in everything working just fine. That's where I'll stay until I'm forced to update. Thanks Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back