Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Management Console V6.7.1 and HP-UX 11i

Status
Not open for further replies.

secrane

Programmer
Sep 17, 2003
US
I have recently installed Mercator V6.7.1 on one of our UNIX machines running HP-UX 11i. When connecting with Management Console, it can take up to 4 minutes to get the SUMMARY display. Further, once connected, I can see data for the HISTORY ADAPTER CONNECTIONS screen, but not for the HISTORY MAP FAILURES and FUNCTION FAILURES displays even though the SUMMARY display shows that some of these events have occurred. I am sure the problem is on the server, as I can connect to another box running Mercator V6.5.2 on HP-UX 11.2 and display all the screens.

Any ideas??

Sounds like a network problem. Run tracert to both servers to see response times and route. Also, how many watches in both systems? Try using the 6.5 console to the 6.7 install.
Also check for port conflicts.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

BocaBurger, I'v the same problem than Secrane with the same config. But it doesn't seem to be a network problem : Indeed, even if I run the command 'eventserver.sh -summary MyServerName' on the server itself, it takes 4-5 minutes to get the results, and it simply doesn't work with the -satusinfo option and others.

I sent a request few month ago to Ascential but without response. I hope it's on the pipe ...

Oaiusr

Moreover, look at the message it returns :

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
at com.mercator.communication.WatchMapsSummary.getWatchMapInfo(WatchMapsSummary.java:133)
at com.mercator.communication.CommunicationLayer.getWatchMapInfo(CommunicationLayer.java:565)
at com.mercator.communication.CommunicationLayer.getStatusInfo(CommunicationLayer.java, Compiled Code)
at com.mercator.communication.CommunicationLayer.getEventServerInfo(CommunicationLayer.java:809)
at com.mercator.eventserver.misc.EventServerStatus.isValidUsernameAndPassword(EventServerStatus.java, Compiled Code)
at com.mercator.communication.CommunicationLayer.notifyUpdateListener(CommunicationLayer.java:716)
at com.mercator.communication.CommunicationLayer.update(CommunicationLayer.java:535)
at com.mercator.communication.RefreshThread.run(RefreshThread.java, Compiled Code)

Oaiusr

OAIusr, if you sent a request and haven't heard in months, resend it. I think we would need to put debug code on the machine, since it doesn't happen here.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back