Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Managed Voice Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

G van Hamburg

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
NL
Hi there,

Since this Forum is a "General Telephony discussion Forum" I would like to know what you think about Managed Voice Services, do you know parties who deliver these services, do you have any experience with it.

In other words, were is going to?

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Brandaris,

Our company (in the UK) has 10,000 ports as a managed service from a large player in the UK. This accounts for about 1/2 of our network. We have another 500 ports managed from a different supplier.

The biggest issue we have is that they sub-contract any on-site work that is required - IE re-cableing, large moves & hardware failures. This creates issues when some of our internal people are skilled higher than the engineers that attend site and when we are trying to get updates.

Apart from that it runs prettly smoothly. If you want to know company names and or further info then drop me a mail (peva99@lineone.net). I'll probably get sacked if the people above see our company name in here.

Rgds
Peva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back