Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manage T3

Status
Not open for further replies.

orcera

MIS
May 6, 2004
ES
Hi, I have a T3 storage disk and I'd like to manage this T3 with a Windows system, but I don't find any software to manage. Do you know anyone?. Thanks to everybody

Do you mean you wish to manage this as part of the windows system, or use software to manage this Solaris-based hardware from a Windows workstation? If the latter, you can use Veritas or Sun's own Volume Manager software (was Disksuite, now Solaris Volume Manager).

No software needed on the host, just telnet to the t3 to manage, or connect to the serial port.
Don't use an external volume manager to mirror/stripe luns from the t3. Let the hardware raid controller do this for you, else you have bought this expensive hardware for nothing. Mirroring 2 brick's or partner pairs can ofcourse be done without problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back