Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Manage MS DNS With ASP or ASP.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaFunk

Programmer
Aug 28, 2003
GB
Hi All

I am currently using MS DNS on my Windows 2003 servers. I have two separate servers which act as Primary and Secondary. The problem I have got is that when ever I want to add a new Domain (Zone) I need to log on to the servers to do this.

Has anyone got any scripts or examples in ASP or ASP.NET which Create new Primary and Secondary zones and also edit and delete zones.

All objects are exposed via WMI but I am not sure how to use them.

I will really appreciate your help on this matter.

G,

use the Start() method in the System.Diagnostics.Process class to invoke the dnscmd.cmd/recordadd

example on how to use the System.Diagnostics.Process class can be found Here

Good luck

The solution is simple, the problem is complex.

I think you meant to reply to some other post as this does not relate to what I was asking for.

I would like to manage the MS DNS service using ASP or ASP.NET.

G,

Hmm looks like I am the first one trying to attempt this. Come on people some one must have tried this.

G,

Thanks Ecreations. I have decided to use SimpleDNS instead it is a much better product for DNS management.

Regards
G,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back