Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making Textbox linked to recordset editable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzy

Vendor
Aug 3, 2003
US
i have created a form through a query and needed to have a field which will display the same data as one of the fields on the form initially, at form load.But i want this field to be editable and when i link this field to a recordset field, this field is not editable. i am displaying the data on the form through tabular textboxes.i also tried inserting a new unbounded textbox in the detail section of the form and linking it to a field through code but the value of the textbox is same for all the records. can neone advise me how to go abt it.

THANX A MILLION IN ADVANCE

I do not have too much experience with programming so this may be a long way around it.

On the Load property event of the form, I would use code that loops through the attached recordset (beginning at the first record and moving through to EOF) using the Edit and Update commands to transfer the value of the initial field to the other field.

If the recordset is not too large, this process will not take too long.

If you do not want to overwrite data then I would use the IsNull function to ensure that it only transfers the data to the field if it is a null value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back