Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making New Computer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danilo22

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
US
I'm planning on making a new computer. I want it to be compatible with Vista and upcoming game Crysis. Can anyone tell me all the materials needed for making a computer?

From MS web site below is the Minimum you need just to run vista. so that would be a good starting point.

What is a Windows Vista Capable PC?
A new PC that carries the Windows Vista Capable PC logo can run Windows Vista. All editions of Windows Vista will deliver core experiences such as innovations in organizing and finding information, security, and reliability. All Windows Vista Capable PCs will run these core experiences at a minimum. Some features available in the premium editions of Windows Vista—like the new Windows Aero user experience—may require advanced or additional hardware.

A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:

A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
512 MB of system memory.
A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.
Windows Vista Premium Ready PCs

To get an even better Windows Vista experience, including the Windows Aero user experience, ask for a Windows Vista Capable PC that is designated Premium Ready, or choose a PC that meets or exceeds the Premium Ready requirements described below. Features available in specific premium editions of Windows Vista, such as the ability to watch and record live TV, may require additional hardware.

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:

1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
1 GB of system memory.
Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
DVD-ROM Drive3.
Audio output capability.
Internet access capability.

Regards
Max

I found some researched specs, I don't know if they are official but these were said to be the requirements of Crysis.

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X1600 (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Intel Core2 Duo)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent Nvidia 8800 series
RAM: 1.5Gb
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

If you are serious then:
Intel Core2 Duo with supporting Nvidia or Intel 965/975 chipset motherboard.

2gig DDR2 667mhz or faster ram

Fast SATAII drive

DVDrom or DVDRW

Nvidia 8800GTS or GTX DX10 graphics card

Midi case with good cooling and a quality 550watt PLUS Version 2.01 or later power supply that can deliver the required 20amps plus on the PCIe rail (find out what the power requirements are on this graphics card)

Decent onboard sound or addon creative X-Fi sound card.

All the newer parts are vista compatible, just make sure you have plenty of memory and a recent release PCI express graphics card that supports at least DX9 (DX10 better) it will need to be middle to high end to power this game.

Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

all right thank you Martin. This is gonna be really helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back