Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making my program installable

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakkarin

Instructor
Nov 11, 2005
TR
Hi
i want to learn how to make my program which is written with borland installable i mean when i give the executable file of my program to another person who has no borland installed the program isnot working so i guess an install shield is needed for the programs working how can i do it ?
Thanks

i have done the installation package part by the install shield that comes with borland but there is a problem when i installed the program there becomes the error borlndmm.dll doesnt found but i dont know how to import it into my install exe file
whats wrong with that?

I know when I create install files with Install Shield it will usually leave out 3 files:

bcbsmp50.bpl
borlndmm.dll < you mentioned this >
cc3250mt.dll

Go to "Groups and Files" and insert the required files. I usually put them in the OS System32 folder, but any place in the "Path" will work.

Look at faq101-187, faq101-188, and faq101-189.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

tri

under PROFECT -> OPTIONS -> COMPILER TABE -> the botton
RELEASE jest befor you last compile. This will compile
in you OBJECTS. (any AtviceX will need to have there OCX
or DLL sent with install).
gary russell

Status
Not open for further replies.